F.A.Q’s & Paw-licies
My dog is very high energy or not used to being alone for hours at a time. Am I eligible for services?
Payment can be:
- Left for your Pet Care Professional via check or cash.
- Mailed with check to the address listed on your estimate prior to your start date
- Paid by credit card on file (additional convenience fee). You may call us at 915-491-6457 to place a card on file.
- We do not accept Cash App, Venmo, Paypal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay at this time. Zelle is accepted.
Any payment not received within one week of client’s arrival will be subject to a $3.00 surcharge/day.
- All pets: A minimum of one visit per day is required. In certain circumstances, we would require more than one visit per day.
Evaluations will be made at the consultation. There will be no exceptions.
Holidays not eligible for new clients: New Year’s Eve, New Years Day, Easter Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day Weekend (Saturday – Monday), Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
- Credit may be given in the event of an early arrival home. If credit amount is less than $50, it must be used within 6 months. Credits over $50 do not expire.
- Any changes to bookings are subject to a $10 change fee.
- Holidays: Any services booked/scheduled over a holiday will be subject to a $30 cancellation fee per holiday day. Credit will not be given with an early arrival home or late departure. The cancellation fee will not apply if cancelled within 24 hours of the booking confirmation. Credit card on file is required for all holiday bookings.
Your Happy Tails Pet Care Professionals will not lock keys inside the home on your last scheduled visit — there may be unforeseen circumstances and your return may be delayed. We want to ensure your pets health and safety.
Clients are also responsible for filling out all necessary information and confirming that the dates & visits booked are correct prior to services. While we do perform a consultation and duties are discussed, your Pet Care Professional is best prepared with the online forms. This information allows your Pet Care Professional to fulfill each client’s requests to the best of their ability. It is also important if a sit has not been done in a long period of time, to make the Pet Care Professional aware of any changes.
Upon returning home, clients should directly notify their Pet Care Professional or Happy Tails office. Happy Tails Pet Care Professionals may opt to automatically continue making visits until we hear from you. Happy Tails reserves the right to bill for additional visits at your contracted rate.
- Home boarding
- Breeding with 4 or more pets